I'm excited to be joining the One Word 365 challenge. I will forget those New Year's resolutions and choose just one word. This challenge is about one word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long. My word for 2013 is 'Embrace'.
This new year, I want to:
I have decided I will embrace what makes me happy, and work toward loving myself unconditionally. This also includes accepting the things I can't change.
Not every day is full of magic and sometimes it's hard for me to see how lucky or fortunate I am. At times it is easy to get caught up in the stresses of life and forget how inspiring living really is.
I will keep my word button on my sidebar to remind me throughout the year to embrace some of the items from my list.
- A blue blue sky
- Watching the sunrise
- Beauty of the white snow glistening in the sun
- Looking up at a star-filled sky
- The warmth you feel when drinking hot chocolate on a cold day
- The smell of the air after it has rained
- Giving to others and experiencing their joy
- Enjoying the raindrops as they fall
- Listening to the beautiful sounds of music
- The excitement in my cat's eyes when I come home
Did you make any resolutions this year? Do you have a word for 2013? If you'd like to join in this challenge, please stop over to see Melanie at Only a Breath. She has been kind enough to create a free 'One Word' button you can post on your blog for this event.
Today I am joining ...
One Word @ Only a Breath
One Word Blog Hop @ Create With Joy
Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a daily cup from Mrs. Olson